Part 3 of our series: Lessons – how is that ridden again?
First of all, what is Travers?
Travers belongs to the lateral movements and is, so to speak, the opposite of shoulder -in. This is where the croup comes in and the forehand stays on the wall.
Since it is the opposite of shoulder in, it has similar properties. It belongs to the collecting lessons and has flexion and bending. However, shoulder-in stands before Travers training. So no travers without shoulder-in!
What is it good for?
- promotes pushing and carrying power through the increased loading and hunching of the hind legs
- Hindquarters become stronger and more elastic
- has a gymnastic and releasing effect
- the outer hind leg steps more under the center, which causes a greater stretch
- inner shoulder becomes lighter
- increased suppleness, agility, throughness and relaxation
- Preparation for pirouettes, traversals and lead changes
- helps straightening
- increased collecting
What to watch out for
When traversing, the horse is bent in the direction of movement and moves on either three or four hoof tracks. The hindquarters come in and step under the center with the outer hind leg, placing it in the direction of the inner foreleg. The front legs remain outside. Make sure you don’t buckle up and stay upright. The Erectly Shirt helps to maintain the necessary body tension.
- Rein too heavily used
always stay fine in your hand and always try to think of leg and weight aids first
- Too strong flexion
Use your guarding led more to limit the hindquarters and prevent the hind legs from rushing ahead
How is the help?
- Leg support : The outer leg is protective and at the same time pushes forwards and sideways by pushing the hindquarters inwards and, at the moment of footing, prompts you to step to the center of gravity. The inner leg lies on the belt and is responsible for the bend and the inner hind leg by animating it diligently to step under.
- Rein aid: The inner rein is responsible for the position. The outer rein controls the outer shoulder, has a protective effect and allows it to bend.
- Weight aid: weight inward , shifted in the direction of movement.
Shirt for an upright posture
Better posture when riding
- Be gently reminded of a natural and upright posture
- From now on, concentrate on other things while riding without sagging
- No restrictions on movement
- Improve contact with the horse through better use of weight aids
- Looks like a normal shirt
- Also suitable for wearing under clothing
Delivery time 4-5 working days